- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Beef Soup from Rosalie Serving Italian Cookbook Recipe Video
|For the stock|
|Beef broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the meatballs|
|Sirloin meat||1 Pound, ground|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the vegetables|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), chop|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Onion||1 Small, chop|
|Potatoes||1 Medium, chop|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Stew meat||250 Gram|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Acini de pepe||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.5 mg50.5%
Sodium 1381.3 mg57.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 36 g72.5%
Vitamin A 89.9% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSoup pot
1. Chop the celery, carrots, onion and potatoes and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. In a large soup pot pour the beef broth and water, put it to boil.
3. In a small pan pour some oil and then add the lean stew meat, sauté for 15 minutes and then pour it in the stock.
4. In a large bowl combine ground sirloin meat, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, onion, eggs, parsley and sprinkle salt and black pepper.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and then form them into small meatballs, once done keep it aside.
6. Add the meatballs in the stock and cook it for 15 minutes, skim the surface of the stock occasionally.
7. After 15 minutes add the chopped vegetables and diced tomatoes, simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on.
8. Add the Acini de pepe 10 minutes before your turn off the heat.
9. Serve the Beef & Vegetable Soup hot along with a slice of bread.