- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Polynesian Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 , sliced|
|Cashew nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), salted|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.1 mg
Sodium 389.8 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 78.4%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy saucepan Heat butter and cook ground beef separating into small pieces until lightly browned.
2. Add mushrooms, raisins, peas, broth, curry powder and soy sauce.
3. With a fork break block of peas apart and gently toss mixture to blend.
4. Arrange orange slices over top.
5. Covering loosely cook over low heat 15 minutes.
6. Mix in the cashews and serve with fried rice.