- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Mexicali Recipe
|Boneless chuck||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned condensed chili beef soup||11 Ounce (1 can)|
|Corn bread||2 (as required)|
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 10.9 mg
Sodium 424.6 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 77 g153.9%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the beef into thin strips and trim off any visible fat.
2) Sprinkle with the flour, until thoroughly coated
3) In a skillet, saute the beef strips in shortening, until browned; drain off the excess fat.
4) Stir in rest of the ingredients, except the soup and corn bread.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
6) Stir in the beef soup, stir occasionally and cook, covered for another 1/2 hour, or until the beef is tender.
7) Spoon the Beef Mexicali over corn bread and serve immediately.