- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Mechado Recipe Video
|Stew beef||500 Gram, cut into large pieces|
|Red onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped finely|
|Potatoes||1⁄4 Kilogram, cut into 4|
|Bell pepper||200 Gram, seeded, cubed|
|Tomato sauce||200 Gram|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as required)|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 1887.5 mg78.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 120.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the cooking oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onion in it till light brown.
3. Add the beef chunks. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, soy sauce and water. Stir to mix.
4. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until soften. Add additional water as needed
5. Add the potatoes. Season the stew with salt and ground pepper to taste. Add the bay leaves. Simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
6. Put the bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes just until peppers are soft. Turn off the heat.
7. Serve Beef Mechado with steamed rice or bread of choice.