- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Mechado Recipe Video
|Stew beef||500 Gram, cut into large pieces|
|Red onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped finely|
|Potatoes||1⁄4 Kilogram, cut into 4|
|Bell pepper||200 Gram, seeded, cubed|
|Tomato sauce||200 Gram|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as required)|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.1 mg
Sodium 1653 mg68.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 111.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the cooking oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onion in it till light brown.
3. Add the beef chunks. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, soy sauce and water. Stir to mix.
4. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until soften. Add additional water as needed
5. Add the potatoes. Season the stew with salt and ground pepper to taste. Add the bay leaves. Simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
6. Put the bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes just until peppers are soft. Turn off the heat.
7. Serve Beef Mechado with steamed rice or bread of choice.