- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Style Chili Lime Beef Jerky Recipe Video
|White vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Wet Cure)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (1 cup for the Wet Cure and 1/2 Cup for the Dry Cure)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided (1/2 Cup for Wet Cure and 1/4 Cup for Dry Cure)|
|Bourbon||135 Milliliter (3 shots (For Wet Cure))|
|London broil||4 Pound, excess fat trimmed|
|Red chili flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Dry Cure)|
|Dried kaffir lime leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21.3%
Sodium 7467.3 mg311.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 42 g84.4%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put the London broil in the freezer for about 30 to 45 mins to let it get cold which makes it easier to cut the beef in the thickness you want.
2. To prepare the brine, in a bowl take the vinegar, and to this add 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of salt, the Bourbon and the black pepper.
3. Whisk all ingredients together. Whisk until all the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Set this brine aside and let flavors marry.
4. After removing the London broil from the fridge, slice beef up into 1/4 inch slices.
5. Next in a large Pyrex dish, place all all the cut up beef and pour the brine on top.
6. Leave this in the fridge for 24 hrs for the beef to settle in.
7. To prepare the dry cure, in a food processor grind together the red chili flakes, dried Kaffir lime leaves, 8 tbsp of brown sugar and 4 tbsp of salt.
8. 24 hrs later take the beef from the fridge. Drain all the liquid from the beef.
9. Then lay the meat on a large baking dish lined with paper towels. Take some more paper towels and dry the beef as dry as you can get it.
10. Into a large bowl pour some dry cure.
11. Add some of your beef into the bowl and mix together. Get the meat well coated.
12. As you coat your meat lay it on your dehydrators sheets.
13. When all trays are full of meat switch on the dehydrator and set heat for 155 degrees,and let it stand for about 4hrs.
14. Store it in an air tight container and serve as a snack.