- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Beef In Oyster Sauce Recipe
|Rump steak||12 Ounce, thinly sliced (350 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter Or 1 1/4 Cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Celery sticks||3 , sliced|
|Chinese rice wine||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Oyster sauce||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Rice/Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1521 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1857 mg77.4%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 122 g244.4%
Vitamin A 189.8% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the steak and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 45ml/3 tbsp of the stock, and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a preheated wok. Stir-fry the garlic for a few seconds, then add the carrot and celery and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the Chinese rice wine, caster sugar and oyster sauce and season with pepper. Add the steak to the wok, together with the reserved stock. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Mix together the cornflour and water to a smooth paste. Add the mixture to the wok and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Stir in the spring onions. Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve with plain boiled rice or noodles.