- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Goulash Recipe
|Chuck steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned and chopped|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Sour cream/Plain yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 657 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.4 mg
Sodium 522.2 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 86.8%
Calcium 7% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Stir-fry the meat and onions in butter or margarine.
2) Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to the pan along with the stock and paprika mixture.
3) Slowly boil for 1 3/4 hours, and then stir in the potatoes.
4) Cook for another 45 minutes.
5) Top with soured cream or yogurt and parsley and serve.