- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Beef Fondue Recipe
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Trimmed beef tenderloin||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch cubes|
|Beef tenderloin||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed, cut in 3/4 inch cubes|
|Wine sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Mushroom sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.6 mg
Sodium 459.6 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.57%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 29 g57%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get beef down to room temperature.
2. In the fondue cooker, pour salad oil till it fills 2 inches from the bottom, or ½ the capacity of the cooker.
3. Heat the cooker over a cooking range till it’s temperature is 425° F.
4. Add salt to the oil.
5. Place the fondue cooker over the fondue burner.
6. With a fondue fork, pick up a cube of the beef.
7. Dip it in the hot oil and fry till it is done.
8. From the fondue fork, transfer the meat cube to a dinner fork.
9. Dip the cube in Wine Sauce or Mushroom Sauce if desired.