- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Filets In Black Bean Sauce with Rice Recipe
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Peanut oil - 1 tablespoon, mixed with 1 teaspoon pure red chile powder||1 Tablespoon, mixed|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Red bell pepper||To Taste|
|Green bell pepper||To Taste|
|Serrano chile/Thai chile||1|
|Black beans||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , sliced|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.7 mg
Sodium 649.6 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 4% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cup, mix together soy sauce and chile oil.
2. Rub the sauce mixture all over the steaks.
3. Let the steaks sit on a plate at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking.
4. Heat a heavy saute pan or skillet; place the steaks and sear for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium.
5. In a cup, mix thoroughly the stock, cornstarch, and sugar.
6. In a separate pan or skillet, heat oil and stir in garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and chile, and saute over high heat for 1 minute.
7. Add the water and let the vegetables steam for 1 minute.
8. Stir in black beans, sherry, and oyster sauce.
9. Add the corn starch mixture and raise the heat to high to bring the mixture to a boil.
10. Reduce the heat to medium-high and stir to combine for 1 minute until the sauce has thickened.
11. Remove the pan from heat.
12. On warm serving plates, place steaks and spoon the rice next to the filets.
13. Spoon black bean sauce all over the steaks.
14. Garnish with scallions.
15. Serve immediately.