- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Curry Recipe
|Top round/Top sirloin||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (If Desired)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms/1 large can stems and pieces||2 Pound|
Calories 819 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.8%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.3 mg
Sodium 467.9 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 59 g117.3%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel, core and chop apples.
2. On a meat board, cut the steak into 1 inch cubes.
3. In a large bowl, dredge the meat in curry powder and flour.
4. Use a heavy bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven
5. Melt butter in the pan.
6. Add garlic to melted butter and sauté till soft.
7. Brown the dredged meat in the butter with garlic, sautéing to prevent the flour from burning.
8. When meat is evenly browned, add water, onions, raisins, apples and water chestnuts and stir to mix.
9. Cover the pan and simmer on low flame, for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
10. Add sliced mushrooms and seasonings.
11. Re-heat curry on the stove or in the oven, before serving
12. Serve curry in a casserole dish.