- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Curry Recipe
|Lean stewing steak||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Stock||3⁄4 Pint (41/2 Deciliter)|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 201 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 51 g103%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 6% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim fat off the beef.
2. Cut into cubes.
3. Peel and slice onion thinly
4. Preheat oven to 325Â°F (170Â°C or Gas No. 3)
5. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, melt butter over moderate heat
6. When hot add onions and sautÃ© until limp
7. Add garlic and curry powder and sautÃ© for another 5 minutes until fragrant.
8. Add meat and sautÃ© until it changes colour.
9. Add flour and seasonings to meat and onion mixture and stir.
10. Gradually pour in stock, stirring to make a smooth sauce.
11. Stir in chutney, lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
12. Bring to boil, stirring then take off heat.
13. Cover tightly with lid and transfer casserole to oven
14. Cook for 2 hours until meat is tender.
15. Serve curry over plain boiler rice or a pilaf.