- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Carbonnade Recipe Video
|Beef veal||1 Pound, cubed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Pearl onions||15 Small, chopped|
|Parisian mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Smoked bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Kasteel beer||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Chimay red beer||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potato puree||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Italian bread slices||4|
Calories 2257 Calories from Fat 532
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.3%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.5 mg
Sodium 2791.9 mg116.3%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.6 g110.4%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 87 g174.5%
Vitamin A 223.9% Vitamin C 174.3%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 38.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, season the meat with salt and pepper, dust it lightly in flour.
2. In a saute pan on medium high, melt the clarified butter and sear the meat.
3. Once seared, remove the meat into a pot.
4. In the same saute pan, add the bacon, carrots, yellow onions, garlic and thyme and cook this until golden brown and tender.
5. Pour in ½ bottle of Kasteel, ½ bottle Chimay and reduce down to half. Once done, transfer it into the pot with meat and cook until it is reduced by half.
6. Add the beef stock and cook until the meat is very tender. Add in the mushrooms, butter and dijon mustard.
7. In a pan, toast 4 slices of bread and set aside.
8. Ladle 2 spoonful of the potato puree in a large rimmed soup bowl. Spoon the beef carbonnade over potato puree and garnish with parsley. Serve hot with 2 slices of crusty bread.