- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Burgundy Recipe
|Chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Boneless chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Dry red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crumbled leaf marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, sliced|
|Small mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound (Or If Large, Chopped)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into strips|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded, cut into strips|
|Cooked rice/Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg
Sodium 782.9 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 73.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, sear the beef until brown and place in a slow cooker.
2) Drain off the skillet drippings, then stir in the wine, scrape the skillet and pour over the beef.
3) Season the beef with marjoram, salt, pepper and paprika.
4) Then stir the mushrooms, green peppers and onion into the slow cooker, mix well.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
6) Serve immediately over the cooked noodles or rice on individual serving plates.