- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Burgundy Recipe
|Beef chuck/Round||2 Pound|
|Lean bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|White onions||18 Small|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
Calories 2050 Calories from Fat 923
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.5%
Saturated Fat 35.6 g178.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 372.1 mg
Sodium 1708.7 mg71.2%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.6%
Sugars 61.2 g
Protein 129 g257.9%
Vitamin A 503.9% Vitamin C 172.5%
Calcium 42.8% Iron 66.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 250 degrees.
2) Cut out the meat into cubes of about 2-inches each. Dredge meat in flour which has been mixed with some salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the meat till it has turned brown properly. Remove meat to casserole.
4) Saute the bacon the same skillet for a few minutes and add the carrots, onions and garlic. Cook till the onion starts to brown and put the bacon and vegetables in the casserole which already has the meat.
5) In to the fat which has been left behind in the skillet, stir the remaining flour and cook it till it starts to turn brown. Add the wine, broth and tomato paste and stir properly till the mixture is boiling.
6) After tasting for seasoning, pour the mixture all over the vegetables and meat.
7) Tightly cover the casserole and bake for about 3 hours. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
8) Serve hot with lima beans, green peas or any other green vegetables as preferred. Garlic bread and a tossed salad can also be served on the side.