- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Bulgogi - Korean Food Recipe Video
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced thin (chuck or sirloin)|
|Pear juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Rice wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||3 , sliced into diagonal angle|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|For soybean paste sauce|
|Ssamjang||3 Tablespoon (or mix 2 tablespoons of soy bean paste, 1 tablespoon of gochujang, and 1 tablespoon of sugar)|
|Serrano pepper||1 , chopped finely|
|Green onions||3 Small, finely chopped (3 tablespoons of finely chopped green onions)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the cucumber kimchi|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Onion||1⁄8 Medium, very thinly sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
Calories 669 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.1%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.5 mg
Sodium 2173.4 mg90.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 41.3% Vitamin C 44.9%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the beef, pear juice, garlic, rice wine, mirin, black pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil. Marinate the beef preferably overnight or at least 30 minutes.
2. Add sliced onion to the meat mixture, give a toss.
3. In a large size skillet (such as cast iron pan) over high heat, heat oil and swirl to coat.
4. Add meat and onion mixtures and stir-fry about 15 min to 20 min until onion softens and meat is tender.
5. Turn off the heat, add sliced green onion, and toss.
6. Remove from heat and top with sesame seeds as desired.
7. For the soy bean paste sauce: In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the soybean paste sauce and stir with a spoon until all the ingredients are mixed well.
8. For the Cucumber Kimchi: Thinly slice the cucumber at an angle as shown in the video.
9. Marinate with coarse salt and leave aside for 15- 20 minutes.
10. In a bowl, combine Korean red pepper flakes, vinegar,fish sauce, sugar and minced garlic. Mix together to combine.
11. Drain the liquid from the cucumber and dry off with a paper towel.
12. Add the dressing made above and the thinly sliced onion and green onion. Mix together to combine and set aside.
13. Serve the bulgogi on a lettuce leaf with cooked brown rice and topped with soybean paste sauce or alternately serve the bulgogi with the cucumber kimchi and rice.