- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Bourguignon Recipe Video
|Beef rump roast||3 Pound|
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic cloves||5 Large|
|Pinot noir wine||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Pearl onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled|
|Button mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly crushed (or to taste)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
Calories 1089 Calories from Fat 507
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.5 mg
Sodium 3603.9 mg150.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 113 g226.9%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 58.5%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut beef on the bias into large chunks.
2) In a large pot, add the beef chunks and set aside.
3) In a saucepan placed over a low heat, add the bacon fat. Then add in the garlic and thyme. Move around in the pan to create an infusion of the flavors.
4) Turn off the heat. Pour about 1/2 Cup of the Pinot Noir into the pan to cool the ingredients down.
5) Pour the infusion mixture over the top of the beef into the pot. If needed, add more wine until the beef is 75% submerged. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6) In a Dutch oven or a large heavy-bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid, add the beef and marinade and turn on the heat to medium low.
7) Add the pearl onions and button mushrooms. Add enough beef stock to make the mixture 75% submerged. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover with a tight lid and cook on low heat for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
8) In a small bowl, stir the corn starch in cold water, use the slurry to thicken up the stew. Gradually add and stir through until it reaches the desired thickness.
9) Spoon the Beef Bourguignon on a plate with mashed potatoes. Cover with a scoop of the stew mixture, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.