- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Barley Soup Recipe Video
|Barley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery rib||100 Gram, chopped finely (1 rib)|
|Baby carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Chicken bouillon cubes/Vegetable bouillon cubes||1|
|Tomato||28 Ounce (1 can whole or crushed)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|No salt seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg
Sodium 843.4 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 102.6% Vitamin C 66.8%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak barley overnight in 3 cups of water
2. In food processor finely chop carrot, celery, parsley, and onion.
3. In slow cooker pot, add chopped vegetables
4. Drop meat, tomatoes, and water from barley in pot.
5. Throw peas, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and bouillon cube.
6. Add Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
7. Sprinkle no salt seasoning. Pour water and mix.
8. Cover slow cooker with lid, and cook for about 3 hours on high setting.
9. Add barley, and cook for about 15 minutes.
10. Transfer it to serving bowl, and serve it hot with cilantro garnish.