- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Vegetable Pie Recipe
|Butter flavored pie crust||1 (One Crust)|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut to fit food chute|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Ground beef||1 Pound, rounded steak|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 1105.6 mg46.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 104.8% Vitamin C 42.7%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep aside pastry dough after preparing it.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Using the disc fitted to a mixer bowl, with slicing side facing upwards, slice vegetables.
4. Transfer vegetable slices to a large mixing bowl when they reach mixer bowl’s Fill level.
5. Mix in meat along with seasonings with vegetables.
6. Take a 2 quart casserole and press mixture into it.
7. Pour water on the top of the mixture.
8. Transfer pastry dough onto a floured surface and roll into the shape of the casserole.
9. Place pastry over casserole in such a way that pastry covers casserole.
10. Roll pastry edges on casserole sides and using a fork, press down,
11. With the fork, make numerous pricks on the crust.
12. Bake for 60 minutes to allow crust to turn brown.
13. Serve hot.