- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Tomato Stew Recipe
|Beef shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Browned flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Onions||2 , sliced thin|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1511 Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.9%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 295.5 mg
Sodium 6020.9 mg250.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 34.3 g
Protein 125 g249.3%
Vitamin A 52.7% Vitamin C 103.9%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 63.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the meat and cut it into 10 to 14 pieces.
2) Prepare a mixture of flour, savory and cloves, seasoned with salt and pepper.
3) Roll the meat pieces in the flour mixture.
4) Take a pan and brown the meat in fat.
5) Add all the other ingredients according to the order they are listed in.
6) Cover the pain and boil it slowly for 1 ½ hours.
7) Carrots and turnip can be added to the meat about half an hour before the cooking is done.
8) Garnish it according to choice and serve hot.