- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Pasta Salad with Garlic Dressing Recipe
|Corkscrew macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packaged, Dried)|
|Fresh green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 2-inch lengths|
|Beef roast||8 Ounce, cooked, cut into thin strips to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, shredded|
|Radishes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar/Vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Italian herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried, crushed|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.7 mg
Sodium 251.3 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 51.7% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 6% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, cook the macaroni as per the package instructions.
2) Drain the macaroni, rinse under cold running water, then drain thoroughly and keep aside.
3) In another pan, cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until just tender.
4) Drain the green beans, rinse under cold running water, then drain thoroughly and keep aside.
5) In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta, green beans, beef, onion, carrot and radishes together.
6) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, Italian herb seasoning, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt together for the dressing.
7) Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
8) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
9) Stir in milk, if required for a creamy consistency, just before serving.
10) Serve chilled on individual serving plates.