- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Onion Stir Fry Recipe
|Beef flank steak||1 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 1409.1 mg58.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together beef, salt, egg white and cornstarch with hands and keep it aside.
2) In a wok or deep skillet, heat about 2 inch of oil to 375Â°F and sautÃ© beef in it, in small amounts at a time, until lightly browned.
3) Place them on paper towels to drain well.
4) Reduce the temperature to 350Â°F, adding in more oil if necessary and then sautÃ© onions in it until soft and well browned, keeping aside when done.
5) Add broccoli and carrots to the skillet and stir-fry them until crisp-tender if wished.
6) Place the beef and onions back to skillet and then mix in wine, sugar and soy sauce.
7) Increase temperature to 425Â°F and sautÃ© the mixture for 2 minutes until beef is glazed and brown.
8) Serve hot at once.