- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef And Kidney Grill Recipe
|Steak||2 Pound, cut about 1 inch thick (Top Or Bottom Round, Rump Or Lean Chuck)|
|Seasoned meat tenderizer||1 Ounce|
|Lemon butter sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg
Sodium 117.9 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.13 g0.04%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and slice the steaks in 4 squares.
2. Wash and split lamb kidneys lengthwise. Slice out tubes and fat.
3. Sprinkle meat tenderizer on both steaks and kidneys evenly. Do not add salt.
4. Use a fork to pierce the meat at 1-inch intervals. Keep it at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Spread lemon-butter sauce on all sides of steak squares and kidneys.
6. Cook steaks on grill over hot coal for 10 to 12 min, turn once.
7. Grill kidneys during last 8 minutes of cooking time, turning once. Never overcooks, as this may toughens the meat.
8. Place a split kidney, butterfly style, on top of each steak square.
9. Add swirl of Lemon-Butter Sauce on the top and serve at once.