- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash And Beef Stew Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, chop|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Herbs de provence||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef||2 Pound, cut into 2-inch cubes (extra lean stew beef)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Marsala wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Butternut squash||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2-inch cubes|
|Beef broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Rib eye beef bones||4 Medium|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.8 mg
Sodium 1215.6 mg50.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 36 g72.8%
Vitamin A 251.4% Vitamin C 53.9%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large soup pot heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, rosemary, and thyme and saute for about a minute.
2. Toss the beef cubes in salt and pepper and flour. Turn up the heat to med-high and add the beef to the pot. Cook until the beef is browned and golden around the edges, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the Marsala wine. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir up all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. 4. Add the butternut squash and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine. Add enough beef broth to just cover the beef and squash.
5. Add your rib eye bones. Bring the stew to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
6. Season the stew with additional salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
7. Serve with crusty bread alongside.