- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef and Broccoli Recipe
|Steak tip||1 Pound, cut into bite size pieces|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into florets|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 138.3 mg
Sodium 3963.8 mg165.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 57 g113%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 146.5%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 40.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, combine together soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar.
2) Add the steak and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
3) Drain the steak and reserve the marinade.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the steak.
5) Stir in the onions, ginger, garlic and salt, and cook to 5 minutes or until translucent.
6) Add broccoli, cover and sauté for 10 minutes.
7) Pour in the reserved marinade and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
8) Serve hot garnished with scallions, over the bed of steamed rice.