- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef And Beets Soup Recipe Video
|Beets||10 Ounce, peeled and chopped (Save the beet tops)|
|Beef broth||6 Quart|
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Potatoes||8 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Onions||2 , chop|
|Beef||2 Pound, cubed|
|Sour cream||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg27.5%
Sodium 4106.5 mg171.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 42 g84.6%
Vitamin A 259% Vitamin C 94.7%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan on the stove and add the beets, 5 1/2 quarts of beef broth, carrots and potatoes.
2. Set the burner to high.
3. Add onions and stir and cook for 25-40 minutes until vegetables are ready.
4. chop the beet tops and add this and the beef to the soup. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 6-12 minutes.
5. In a bowl, mix 1/2 quart beef broth and the sour cream and whisk together.
6. Add this into the soup and continue to simmer.
7. Add salt and pepper and stir.
5. Ladle soup into bowl and serve hot.