- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef And Beets Soup Recipe Video
|Beets||10 Ounce, peeled and chopped (Save the beet tops)|
|Beef broth||6 Quart|
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Potatoes||8 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Onions||2 , chop|
|Beef||2 Pound, cubed|
|Sour cream||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.6 mg
Sodium 3612.1 mg150.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 49 g97.7%
Vitamin A 254.7% Vitamin C 92.9%
Calcium 15% Iron 39.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan on the stove and add the beets, 5 1/2 quarts of beef broth, carrots and potatoes.
2. Set the burner to high.
3. Add onions and stir and cook for 25-40 minutes until vegetables are ready.
4. chop the beet tops and add this and the beef to the soup. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 6-12 minutes.
5. In a bowl, mix 1/2 quart beef broth and the sour cream and whisk together.
6. Add this into the soup and continue to simmer.
7. Add salt and pepper and stir.
5. Ladle soup into bowl and serve hot.