- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef And Apple Balls Recipe
|Lean ground beef||4 1⁄2 Pound|
|Apples||3 Large, quartered|
|Pears||3 Large, quartered|
|Onions||3 Small, quartered|
|Green peppers||3 Small, halved|
|Corn flakes||3 Cup (48 tbs), crushed|
|Ground nutmeg||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 Can)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon (2 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||12 Tablespoon (2 Can)|
|Blanched almonds||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (2 Can)|
|Brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||12|
|Seedless green grapes||6 Cup (96 tbs), halved|
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.3 mg
Sodium 1311.6 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 43.9%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease 3 or 4 large and shallow baking pans with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F
3. In a food processor or food chopper, finely mince and chop the beef, apples, pears, onions and green peppers
4. Tip the mixture into a large mixing bowl or basin.
5. Add eggs, corn flakes and seasonings to the mixture and use your hands of a wooden spoon to gently but thoroughly mix the ingredients.
6. Using a rounded teaspoon measure spoon, shape the mixture into marble-size balls. You should get about 300 meatballs.
7. Arrange the meatballs in a single layer in the buttered baking pans
8. Bake each batch of meatballs in the preheated oven for 10 minutes each.
9. Transfer pan under broiler for 2 minutes to brown meatballs from top.
10. To make the savory almond sauce, in a large sauce pan, melt butter or margarine over low heat
11. Sauté the almonds in it until golden-brown then take pan off the heat.
12. Blend the cornstarch, brown sugar and water into almonds butter.
13. Crumble in bouillon cubes and simmer sauce over low heat, stirring constantly, until bouillon cubes are dissolved and sauce is thick and clear.
14. Stir in apricots, apples and grapes.
15. When ready to serve, add meat balls to savory almond sauce and heat.
16. Serve the meatballs and sauce in a large tureen or casserole dish
17. Serve with buttered noodles or fluffy cooked rice.