- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beef Ampalaya - Filipino Beef with Bitter Melon Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1 Kilogram|
|Ampalaya||2 Medium (bitter melon)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chilies||2 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 844 Calories from Fat 632
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.1%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.4 mg
Sodium 477.3 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 45 g89.5%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 201.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok, heat the vegetable oil.
2. Add the garlic and saute it.
3. Throw in the onions and saute everything together.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a while and let them soften.Mash the tomatoes with the spatula.
5. Pour in the fish sauce.
6. Empty the ground beef in the wok and mix it in.
7. Saute in high heat and addd the freshly ground black pepper.Cover and let it simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add the green chilies and the bitter melon. Cover and cook.
9. Ladle it on steamed white rice and serve right away.