- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bechamel Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, peeled|
|Small carrot||1 , peeled|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled, halved lengthwise|
|Creamy milk||1⁄2 Pint|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Bay leaf||1 , lightly crushed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
Sodium 1117.2 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 188.2% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Stick a clove into the peeled onion.
2) In a 1 1/2-pint microwavable dish, add the milk, onion, carrot slices, bay leaf, peppercorns, mace and microwave uncovered on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3) Cover the dish and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
4) In a 11 pint microwavable measuring jug, add butter and microwave loosely covered for 30 seconds.
5) Mix in the flour, and microwave on HIGH for another minute.
6) Strain the milk that has been resting into the jug and whisk continously to ensure no lumps of flour remain.
7) Sprinkle salt and microwave the contents of the jug for 3 more minutes, stirring it every 1 minute.
8) Whisk the Bechamel Sauce well before serving hot.