- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bechamel Sauce Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White onion||1⁄2 Medium|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1486 Calories from Fat 1006
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.4%
Saturated Fat 70.6 g352.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 309.7 mg
Sodium 296.9 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 40.3 g
Protein 31 g61.3%
Vitamin A 70.1% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 83% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add the flour and butter, whisk over a low heat for a few minutes until the roux is lightly colored and aromatic.
2) Meanwhile, stud the onion with cloves and set aside.
3) Gradually whisk in the milk and mix until the mixture is nicely blended.
4) Then add the clove studded onion and seasoning into the milk mixture.
5) Allow the mixture to simmer over a low heat for about 3 minutes until thickened. The sauce should coat the back of a spoon and hold the line when moved with a finger.
6) Remove and discard the onion and strain the sauce to remove the cloves.
7) Use the Bechamel Sauce to make Lasagna or as desired.