- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beautiful Blackberry Pie Recipe
|Fresh blackberries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||3 Tablespoon|
|For mini piecrust:|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
|For delicious diet cream:|
|Evaporated skim milk||20 Ounce, chilled (1 Can)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.6%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 136.3 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 33.9%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the diet piecrust dough, in a small bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached white flour with a fork.
2. Sprinkle oil on top and work in with fork.
3. Add ice water a teaspoon at a time, mixing quickly after each addition, just until mixture binds together.
4. Press into a flat round and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill thoroughly.
5. In a large bowl, toss the blackberries with honey and tapioca. Let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 425°F
7. Place the dough between two pieces of waxed paper and roll it out out lightly into a 11-inch circle.
8. Remove top piece of waxed paper carefully and lightly dust that side of the crust with flour.
9. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry, placing floured side down. Dough should come almost to top of pie plate.
10. Peel off the other waxed paper.
11. Fill the pie shell with the blackberries spreading them evenly.
12. Cover the pie with foil, venting it with holes and bake on bottom shelf of heated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and fruit is soft.
13. Remove from oven and let pie cool slightly.
14. To make the diet cream, in a large, chilled bowl, whip the evaporated skim milk with electric beater until foamy. Add honey and vanilla and beat to the consistency of whipped cream.
15. Slice the pie into wedges and serve it warm or cold with a dollop of the diet cream on each slice.