- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 546
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.1%
Saturated Fat 34.6 g173.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 861.3 mg
Sodium 61.6 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small (2 cup or 1 quart) microwaveable casserole, bowl or measure, combine the onion and vinegar.
2. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes until the onion is limp and vinegar had reduced.
3. Add the egg yolks, whisking with a fork to blend well and prevent them from becoming lumpy.
4. Return to the microwave and cook sauce for another 1 minute, stirring after 1/2 a minute, until the sauce is thick.
5. Stir in the butter and cook another 1 minute, stirring once, until sauce is bubbly.
6. Strain the sauce through a fine meshed strainer to get a velvety smooth consistency.
7. Stir in the parsley.
6. Serve this sauce warm with fish, shell fish cocktails or souffles if you like or use as a dipping sauce.