- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beans With Buttered Rice Recipe
|Canned baked beans||450 Gram|
|French beans||100 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Carrots||100 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Potatoes||100 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Onions||225 Gram, around 8 oz|
|Tomato ketchup||3 Ounce, around 1/2 teacup|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked rice||8 Ounce, around 1 1/2 teacups|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2721 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.6%
Saturated Fat 53.2 g266.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.4 mg75.1%
Sodium 2135.5 mg89%
Total Carbohydrates 418 g139.3%
Dietary Fiber 65.6 g262.5%
Sugars 70.2 g
Protein 67 g134.6%
Vitamin A 388.6% Vitamin C 106.7%
Calcium 63.3% Iron 67.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions till brown in colour.
3. Add the vegetables and 1/2 teacup of water.
4. Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft.
5. Add the beans, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt and cook for a few minutes.
For the buttered rice
1. Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
2. In a big vessel, warm the butter, add the cooked rice and salt and cook for 1 minute.
How to serve
Pack the rice in a mould and invert on a plate.
Fill the centre with the vegetables.