- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beans With Buttered Rice Recipe
|Canned baked beans||450 Gram|
|French beans||100 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Carrots||100 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Potatoes||100 Gram, around 4 oz|
|Onions||225 Gram, around 8 oz|
|Tomato ketchup||3 Ounce, around 1/2 teacup|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked rice||8 Ounce, around 1 1/2 teacups|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2414 Calories from Fat 763
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.7%
Saturated Fat 53 g265%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.4 mg
Sodium 2123.7 mg88.5%
Total Carbohydrates 361 g120.3%
Dietary Fiber 44 g175.8%
Sugars 71.6 g
Protein 50 g100.6%
Vitamin A 388.4% Vitamin C 99%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 48.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions till brown in colour.
3. Add the vegetables and 1/2 teacup of water.
4. Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft.
5. Add the beans, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt and cook for a few minutes.
For the buttered rice
1. Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
2. In a big vessel, warm the butter, add the cooked rice and salt and cook for 1 minute.
How to serve
Pack the rice in a mould and invert on a plate.
Fill the centre with the vegetables.