- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Beans and Bean Curd Recipe Video
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (for sauteeing)|
|Bean curd||200 Gram, diced|
|Beef||150 Gram, minced|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), sliced|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli||1 Medium, sliced|
|Baked beans||230 Gram (in tomato sauce)|
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.3 mg
Sodium 191.6 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle salt on top of the bean curd dices and marinate for 15 minutes. When it’s time, dry the bean curd with some kitchen paper towel.
2. Pour the beef into marinade mixture. Mix well together and leave to marinate until you start the cooking.
3. Put a pot of water with some salt to boil and once boiling blanch the celery slices for about 1 minute and rinse directly with iced water to keep it green.
4. Heat up some oil in a wok and deep fry the bean curd dices so that they will have a crunchy texture.
5. Heat up our wok with a bit of oil and fry the garlic until fragrant.
6. Then add in the minced beef and fry it for 2 minutes. Add in the chopped tomatoes and fry until cooked.
7. Toss in the fried bean curd and the celery. Mix them well together. Then, pour in baked beans and season with a bit of soy sauce.
8. Scoop the dish from the wok into a deep bowl and place a few piece of chopped coriander for decoration.
9. Serve with steamed rice if you like, it will be great with this saucy preparation.