- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
BEAN AND CABBAGE SOUP Recipe
|Dried haricot beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|White cabbage||1 Small, shredded|
|Boiling water||3 1⁄2 Pint|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (for saueting)|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 158.9 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.7%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 47.9%
Calcium 16% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak dried haricot beans overnight.
1. In a pan, sauté sliced onion in hot oil.
2. Add shredded cabbage, beans (which have been soaked overnight) and crushed garlic.
3. Toss it well to coat the oil evenly.
4. Pour boiling water.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Let it simmer for three hours.
7. Serve Bean and Cabbage Soup topped with cheese and fresh green salad as an accompaniment.