- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean Soup With Frankfurters Recipe
|Dried great northern beans/Dried navy beans||1 Pound|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Frankfurters||3 , sliced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 531 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.7 mg
Sodium 1331.7 mg55.5%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 66.6% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 34.1% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
4) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours, until tender.
5) Stir in carrots, celery, onions and seasonings.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 to 12 hours.
7) Stir in the frankfurters before the last 30 minutes of cooking.
8) Press some for the bean with ladle and mash to thicken the soup.
9) Serve the soup hot garnished with fresh parsley.