- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean Enchiladas Recipe
|Canned pinto beans||30 Ounce, rinsed and well drained (Two 15 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Pinto beans||30 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded reduced fat monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.2 mg
Sodium 1422.6 mg59.3%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 20% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350° F temperature.
2. Coat a 9" X 13" sized baking dish with no-stick spray.
3. Place the beans in a large bowl, mash coarsely with a potato masher, and then stir in the chili powder.
4. Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until the tortillas get pliable.
5. Divide the bean mixture in between the tortillas.
6. Sprinkle the mixture with the Monterey Jack Cheese.
7. Roll the tortillas to hem in the mixture.
8. Place the enchiladas, layer side down in the dish, which is already prepared with non-stick spray.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until it is heated all through for even baking.