- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean Burgers Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon, Divided)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|White kidney beans||6 Ounce, drained|
|Canned chickpeas/White kidney (cannellini) beans||6 Ounce, drained|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||6 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 307.4 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 5% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Take an 8 inch nonstick skillet and heat 1 teaspoon of oil in it.
2. Now, add in the pepper, carrot, celery and onion.
3. Let stir cook over medium heat for abot 1 minute until veggies soften and moisture evaporates.
4.Keep aside and let the mixture cool.
5.Take a medium mixing bowl and using a fork, mash the chickpeas or the white kidney beans and add in egg.
6. Now add in the breadcrumbs and the vegetable mixture.
7. Mix thoroughly to combine well.
8. Shape this into pattties, 4 in number.
9. Place on plate, cover and let chill for a minimum of 20 minutes.
10.Take the skillet and add in the rest of the oil. Heat.
11.Shallow fry the patties turning over once until both sides are browned and thoroughly heated.
12. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.