- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Kidney Bean and Vegetable Stew Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Carrot||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Potato||2 Medium, diced|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, minced|
|White bean||1 Can (10 oz), drained, rinsed (19oz can)|
|Red kidney bean||1 Can (10 oz), drained, rinsed (19oz can)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baby spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or larger spinach leaves torn into pieces)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (or as required)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as required)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.7 mg
Sodium 618.1 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 30.7 g122.8%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 48 g95.2%
Vitamin A 134.1% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 45.1% Iron 94.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, combine the onion, carrots, potatoes, garlic, beans, thyme, salt and pepper.
2) Add the broth and push the vegetables and beans under the liquid.
3) Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
4) Stir in the spinach, cover and cook on low for about 10 minutes, until lightly wilted.
5) Sprinkle each serving with cheese, sour cream and parsely and serve.