- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean and Raisin Enchiladas Recipe
|Raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Large, seeded|
|Whole green chiles||2 , canned|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|Cooked pinto beans||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Enchilada sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||24 Ounce, chilled|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 708 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 46.9% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. In a covered pot of boiling water, plump the raisins by boiling 1-2 minutes over high heat.
3. Drain the raisins and keep aside.
4. With a knife or the metal blade of a food processor, coarsely chop the onions and green pepper separately.
5. Pat dry the chilies. With a knife or the metal blade of a food processor, chop them coarsely.
6. With a shredder or the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the Monterey Jack and keep aside.
7. Take a large baking dish and butter or grease it.
8. Place a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat and heat oil.
9. Add the onions and sautÃ© them for 4-5 minutes, until soft and transparent.
10. Add the pinto beans, salt, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, vinegar and raisins and mix everything well.
11. Cover the saucepan and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Take a shallow dish and pour the enchilada sauce on it.
13. Place a frying pan on medium heat and heat 1/8-inch oil.
14. Fry the tortillas until just softened, taking care not to make them crisp or they will not roll.
15. Place the tortillas on kitchen towels to dry, and sip them in the sauce.
16. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the filling, and roll up and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
17. Spoon the extra sauce on it, taking care to cover the edges of the tortillas
18. Top with the shredded cheese.
19. In the oven, bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until hot.
20. Serve immediately.