- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean And Cabbage Hot Pot Ouillade Recipe
|Dried white beans/Flageolets / limas||1⁄2 Pound, boiled but not drained|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||6 Small, peeled|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced thin|
|Young carrots||1 Pound, peeled (Small Sized)|
|Rutabaga||1 Small, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes|
|Cabbage||1 Small, cored and cut in 8 wedges|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1864 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4405.9 mg183.6%
Total Carbohydrates 401 g133.7%
Dietary Fiber 84.1 g336.5%
Sugars 51.5 g
Protein 82 g164%
Vitamin A 1520.8% Vitamin C 549%
Calcium 100% Iron 187.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) In a large kettle, combine all ingredients except the boiled beans and liquid.
(2) Place the covered pan over a medium flame and bring to a boil
(3) Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until potatoes and rutabaga are tender cooked.
(4) Drain the warm beans and add to the pot, stirring it into the vegetables.
(5) Continue simmering, covered, for another 10 minutes.
(6) Serve hot with pot roast, boiled tongue, or corned beef or serve in place of meat.