- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean and Bangers One Pot Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork sausages||8 (Good-Quality Toulouse Or Sicilian Varieties Work Well)|
|Carrots||2 , halved lengthways and sliced|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned mixed beans||820 Gram, rinsed and drained (2 Cans, 410 Gram Each)|
|Chicken stock||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Ml)|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 907 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 1812.9 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 44 g88.7%
Vitamin A 123% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 11% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, heat oil. Add sausage and allow to sizzle for 6 minutes. Keep turning for evenly browning. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add onions and carrots and stirring intermittently, cook 8 minutes, for onions to turn soft.
3. Mix in vinegar followed by drained beans.
4. Cover with stock and place sausage amidst beans in a nestled way. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Scatter frozen peas on top, cook for 2 minutes to heat well.
6. Remove from heat and mix in mustard. Season to taste.
7. Scoop out directly from cooking pot and serve hot.