- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean and Bacon Salad Recipe
|Green lima beans/Broad beans||1 Pound|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finley chopped (200 Gram)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon slices||4 , crumbled|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 155.7 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 62.7%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If using broad beans, remove skins and place in a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer in enough boiling water to cover for about 15 minutes such that tender.
3. Broad beans need 25 to 30 minutes, drain cooked beans and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
4. For making the dressing, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, oregano and onion and season with salt and pepper.
5. Into a serving bowl place cooled beans stirring with dressing and sprinkle with bacon.
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate several hours.