- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean and Bacon Salad Recipe
|Shelled green lima beans/Broad beans||1 Pound (About 2 Cups)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Crisp cooked bacon slices||4 , crumbled|
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 597.5 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If using broad beans, remove skins and place in a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer in enough boiling water to cover for about 15 minutes such that tender.
3. Broad beans need 25 to 30 minutes, drain cooked beans and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
4. For making the dressing, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, oregano and onion and season with salt and pepper.
5. Into a serving bowl place cooled beans stirring with dressing and sprinkle with bacon.
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate several hours.