- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean And Bacon Cakes Recipe
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, mashed (250 Gram)|
|Bacon||4 Ounce (100 Gram, Unsmoked)|
|Canned butter beans||4 Ounce, drained (1 Small Can)|
|Flour||10 Milliliter (1 Level Dessertspoon)|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.4 mg
Sodium 208.2 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the bacon.
2) In a frying pan, fry the bacon.
3) Beat together the potatoes, butter beans, flour and egg then add the bacon and also any bacon fat left in the frying pan.
4) In the frying pan, place dessertspoonfuls of the mixture, shaping them into little patties.
5) Fry gently for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6) Serve the bean and bacon cakes with fried eggs.