- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
BBQ Chicken Split Roasted Style Barbecue Recipe Video
|Roasting chicken||7 Pound (4-7)|
|Sweet onion slices||1 Large|
|Dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Salad oil dressing, as needed)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Basting sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (more or less as needed)|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.2 mg
Sodium 170.4 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.9%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 36 g73%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWood chips soaked in water for 30-45 minutes (optional)
1. Preheat grill to 325-350 degree F and clean the grates.
2. Clean and pat dry chicken. Split the chicken open but not in two as shown in the video.
3. Thoroughly rub salad oil dressing all over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken on grill and cook for 30 minutes and then place wood chips in grill for smoky flavour.
5. Mop the chicken every 20 minutes with basting sauce.
6. Remove the chickens from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 185 degree F. In the last 10 minutes place chicken on direct flame and allow it to sear. Let it rest for about 15 minutes, and then slice
7. Serve and enjoy!