- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bayou Catfish Recipe
|Skinned pan dressed catfish/Other fish||6 (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil/Melted fat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted fat/Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed bay leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 715.5 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 0.84 g1.7%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare fish thaw frozen fish, clean, wash, and dry them.
2. Take a heavy-duty aluminum foil and cut 6 squares of 18 inches each in it.
3. Grease lightly and place each fish on one half of each Square of foil.
4. In a bowl combine remaining ingredients and pour sauce over fish, using approximately 1/3 cup sauce for each fish.
5. Over the fish fold other half of foil to seal edges by making double folds in the foil.
6. On a barbecue grill place packages of fish about 6 inches from moderately hot coals.
7. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes such that fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
8. To serve, cut a big crisscross in the top of each package and fold the foil back.