- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bay Scallop and Pea Pasta Recipe Video
|Baby scallops||500 Gram, washed,patted dry|
|Angel hair pasta||200 Gram|
|Frozen peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), Defrosted|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped roughly|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, sliced finely|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (homemade or made with store bought vegetable stock cubes)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, squeezed|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon, unclotted (fresh)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), only the leaves plucked and chopped finely|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Bottle (1 l) (as required)|
|Pimentos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnishing)|
|Parmesan cheese||100 Gram, grated (as required)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground (to taste)|
|Lemon zest||1 Dash|
|Roma tomato||1 Small, deseeded and chopped (for garnishing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 11283 Calories from Fat 9688
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1046 g1608.8%
Saturated Fat 98.5 g492.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.7 mg
Sodium 3752.8 mg156.4%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.4%
Dietary Fiber 27.8 g111.3%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 166 g332.4%
Vitamin A 350% Vitamin C 465.9%
Calcium 157.3% Iron 95.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Defrost the green peas by microwaving them for 30 seconds.
2. Decant the residual water from the defrosted peas, using a colander.
3. In a deep bottomed vessel, boil water with some salt mixed in it.
Making the sauce
4. In a non stick frying skillet, fry the onions in olive oil on medium heat, until they are soft and translucent.
5. Add a pinch of salt to the onions to fry them faster, but do not brown them.
6. Add the chopped garlic to the onions and fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the green peas and mix well. Cook for about 2 minutes, before taking off the stove.
8. Using a food processor, grind the pea’s mixture to a slightly coarse texture.
9. Return the puree to the same pan again and add the juice of half a lemon, a little bit of cayenne pepper, heavy cream and the chopped Italian parsley. Mix well and cook on low heat, for 1 minute.
Boiling the Pasta
10. Boil the Angel haired pasta to the salted boiling water, till its al dente.
11. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pasta and add it straight to the pea sauce.
Searing the scallops
12. In a non stick frying pan, heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil to smoking point.
13. Add the scallops and sear each of them, on both sides for 30-40 seconds. Each side should develop a light caramel colour.
14. In a serving platter, spread the pasta, mixed with the pea’s sauce and scatter the seared scallops on top of it. Garnish with the deseeded tomatoes, chopped Italian parsley, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese ad libitum and a drizzle of olive oil. Decorate with quartered lemons and serve warm.
The pea sauce can be made a day in advance, but the angel hair pasta and scallops should be prepared right before serving the dish.