- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bavarian Beef Recipe
|Beef shin||1 1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Onions||1 Pound, skinned and chopped|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce|
|Smoked sausage||1⁄2 Pound, smoked|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.5 mg
Sodium 793.1 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils used in cooking.
2) In a large frying pan, melt the margarine.
3) Fry the meat until brown all over evenly.
4) In a 2 1/2 pt casserole, place the drained meat.
5) In the heated frying pan, fry the onions until start getting brown.
6) Drain the onions and add to the meat.
7) Remove the pan from the heat, add flour, can of tomatoes and gradullly stir in the stock.
8) Bring the stock to the boil and add sliced sausages.
9) Season with salt and pepper and cook for some time.
10) Keep stirring the liquid.
11) Pour the liquid over the meat.
12) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 325 degrees F for 3 hours.
13) Cool it and reheat while serving.