- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Garlic Paste Recipe Video
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.02 g0.03%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.6 mg0.02%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.29%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.22 g0.45%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Crush the garlic bulb by placing one hand on the bulb and the other hand on top of your first hand. Press down with your upper body to separate the individual cloves of garlic.
2. Use your knife's flat blade to remove the root of the garlic for the skin to come out easily. If the garlic starts to germinate, remove the germ as well.
3. Assemble the cloves at the center of your work surface and using your knife’s flat blade, crush the garlic by drawing the knife sideways across the pile of cloves.
4. Gather the cloves in the center of your work surface and using your knife’s flat blade, crush the garlic by drawing the knife sideways across the pile of cloves.
5. Use your knife to dice the crushed cloves. Put pressure on the top of the tip of your knife with your left hand and grip the knife bolster at the end with your right hand and use a rocking motion to finely dice the garlic.
6. Gather the garlic together into a layer and crush it again with your knife using the same process.
7. Repeat the dicing and crushing steps until you achieve a paste-like, smooth consistency.
8. Use garlic paste as a base to prepare other dishes.