- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Batter Fried Flounder Fillets Marinated With Herbs Recipe
|Chopped fresh dill/Parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Flounder fillets||42 Ounce (6 Fillets Of 7 Ounce)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Salad Oil 2 Tablespoons)|
|Water||4 Tablespoon (Salad Oil 2 Tablespoons)|
|Egg white||1 , stiffly beaten (Salad Oil 1 Tablespoon)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Bearnaise Sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.2 mg
Sodium 748.2 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place fish fillets in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
3. Season them lightly and pour the marinade over. Steep 1 hour, turning fillets over occasionally.
4. Make batter while steeping the fillets. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
5. Beat it with the water and oil until smooth.
6. Fold in the stiffly-beaten egg white.
7. Heat the oil for frying to 350°F.
8. Dip fillets in batter. Fry until golden-brown. 3 to 8 minutes. Serve very hot with Bearnaise Sauce.