- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Batter Bread Recipe
|Milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Corn bread mix/Corn muffin mix||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215.4 mg
Sodium 896.6 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Use a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole to grease evenly. Place aside.
3) In a saucepan, pour in 2 1/2 cups milk.
4) Place over heat to scald the milk.
5) In a bowl, combine Corn Bread or Corn Muffin Mix with remaining 1 cup milk.
6) Slowly add this mixture to the scalded milk in the saucepan.
7) Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring the milk until it has a thick consistency.
8) Remove the saucepan from heat.
9) One by one, stir in the yolks.
10) Separately beat 6 egg whites to form stiff peaks, without being dry.
11) Fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture.
12) Pour the mixture into the casserole.
13) Place the casserole inside oven to bake for about 50 minutes, until crust is golden.
14) Slice the bread and serve with a choice of spreads.